WETA's ongoing commitment to education is realized through national education services that focus on making learning available to all. Through local and national television programs and web sites, WETA uses the power of media to educate, entertain, inspire, and delight. In particular, WETA's Learning Media department offers the following national web services: Reading Rockets, a national multimedia project that offers research-based and best-practice information on teaching kids to read and helping those who struggle; LD OnLine, the leading web site on learning disabilities for parents, teachers, and other professionals; and Colorín Colorado, a web service that offers information, activities, and advice for Spanish-speaking parents and educators of English language learners.
Intern, Learning Media Web Team
- Coding and proofing various materials for 3 major educational websites.
- Logging and reviewing footage for PBS television program.
- Managing inventory and aiding in marketing for online store.
- Writing and summarizing material for the Web.
- Researching various topics utilizing the Web.
- Assist with HTML coding and web production.
- Helping maintain the websites, update content and web pages.
- Assisting with podcast development and distribution.
- Assisting with electronic newsletter production.
- Assisting with forums management.
- Updating graphics and assist in implementation of new graphic design.
- Answering customer emails.
- ...and much more!
To apply for this position please contact us and send a cover letter and resume.
Intern, LD OnLine
LD OnLine is the leading web site on learning disabilities for parents, teachers, and other professionals. We are seeking a capable intern who has a friendly spirit and does careful work. We can provide HTML training and exposure to a fast-paced innovative web environment. The site needs a lot of work in terms of editorial production. Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing articles and organizing them into categories
- Making recommendations as to which articles will go on the web
- Copy editing material for punctuation and grammar
- Update HTML code on pages. Standard tags will be given
- Implement stylesheet and troubleshoot pages to make sure they all display properly
- Clean up pages and test to make sure all links are working properly
To apply for this position, which has a very small stipend, please contact us and send a cover letter and resume.
Volunteer, LD OnLine
Work from home!
LD OnLine.org seeks to help children and adults reach their full potential by providing up-to-date information and advice about learning disabilities and ADHD. We are looking for people who can serve as part of a virtual volunteer team to help us package and organize the information. If you wish to volunteer from the comfort of your own home and have a highly flexible schedule, consider offering us your services.
- Article Abstractors
Write compelling copy that summarizes articles and encourages our readers to click on their titles.
View examples of abstracts >>
- Section Organizers
Read articles and tag them, according to pre-set categories.
- Web Writers
Use the power of your pen to make complicated articles easy to understand. Review articles and help us prepare them for the web.
- Go to our Contact Us page
- Fill in your name and email
- Under 'Subject,' select 'Volunteer'
- In the 'Your Message' field tell us the following:
- What appeals to you and what would you like to see improve on the website?
- What past experience will help you serve as a volunteer? Most people send resumes, but feel free to write us a letter describing your past achievements.
- What makes you want to serve as a virtual volunteer with us?