Submit Your Story
LD OnLine invites submissions for our collection of essays about personal experiences with learning disabilities at home, at school, at college, at work, anywhere. We also welcome stories presenting your personal perspectives on issues affecting the LD community.
Please read our guidelines for submissions
- Submissions should be no more than 1000 words and should not be testimonials or advertisements for products, therapies, schools, or organizations. We like to display a photo of the author, so please include one if available.
- Authors should tell how they have dealt with the challenges of learning disabilities, either as a parent, a teacher, or a person with a learning disability.
- Authors should understand that essays used on LD OnLine can be read and downloaded by LD OnLine users. A new essay will be featured on a regular basis and then archived for users to access.
- LD OnLine reserves the right to reject any submission and to edit submissions for length, style, and clarity. Submissions and photos will not be returned.
- If LD OnLine places this essay on the website, author agrees to give LD OnLine non-exclusive rights to allow the essay to be reprinted by other publications.
- Unfortunately, because of our limited budget, we are not able to pay "First Person" contributors.