tagline
WETA

Search LD OnLine

Get our free newsletter

advertisement

Forums
Behavior: Social Skills, Self Esteem

Does anyone else with ADD/ADHD have a bad time with dating?


Author Message
Joined: Jun 09, 2005
Posts: 9
Other Topics
Posted Jun 10, 2005 at 12:15:29 PM
Subject: Does anyone else with ADD/ADHD have a bad time with dating?

Am I the only one who either messes up when it comes to trying to get a date or has others missinterpret their intentions? It's so frustrating to talk to women and then have them assume I'm after them when I'm not. Or for me to make the mistake and try to get to know them better and want to date them, only to have them overreact and make a much bigger deal about it then they need to. They assume the wrong thing and then I look really bad, or my intentions are to try and get a date with them and then they act like I'm stalking them or something like that. Just a simple no once or twice will be sufficient.

I hardly ever try to get a date with ladies most of the time, but once in a while I think someone is worth making the effort to do that for, and then they make it seem like I'm a bad person for doing that.

I'm 40 and a college student, and last school year I belonged to a Christian singing group (we would go to churches and do thier worship services for them, when they would want us to) anyway, I'm way older then everyone else in the group. So one of the ladies thought that I was after her, why would somone who is over 16 years older then they are pursue them for a date? For me it's obvious that anyone under 25 is way too young for me, I won't even think about asking them out on a date. And that cuts out about 95% of the ladies here who are students. Maybe more. And most of the other 5% who are older are married or have a guy already. So me dating a lady here is pretty hopeless. Why do women have to act like a guy is a stalker or a really bad person if they want to go out with them? Anyway, I'm done with my ranting for now.

"For God so loved the world so that He gave His one and only son and whoseoever believes in Him will be saved".

Back to top Profile Email
bgb
Joined Jun 13, 2003
Posts: 330

Other Topics

Welcome, Nate.

Even though this is the correct forum for your post, I'm going to suggest you repost it in the Adults-with-ADHD forum. This forum just doesn't get that much traffic.

You went back to school? Good for YOU! Excellent, although I can see how that would make it hard to meet eligible women your age. My church runs a singles 40+ group. You might want to see if any of the churchs around you do too.

Welcome to LDonline!

Barb

Back to top Profile Email
Nate
Joined Jun 09, 2005
Posts: 9

Other Topics
Posted:Jun 10, 2005 1:23:36 PM

Thanks Barb. How do I repost it in another location?

"For God so loved the world so that He gave His one and only son and whoseoever believes in Him will be saved".

Back to top Profile Email