Subject: AET 2008 Annual Conference on Brain Plasticity
Register now for the 2008 AET Annual Conference - "Changing the Brain: New Research on Brain Plasticity."
The conference will be held October 23-26 at the beachside Kona Kai Resort on Shelter Island in San Diego. All professionals who work with individuals with learning disabilities are encouraged to attend!
The program will feature Keynote Dr. Susan L. Smalley presenting "Self-Regulation and Learning: Mindfulness Training in the Genomic Era" and Opening Speaker Dr. Charles A. Ahern presenting "The Learning Zone: Understanding Brain-Based Principles of Learning."
There will be a number of exciting breakouts covering topics such as dyslexia, ADHD, Asperger's, struggling readers, case management, and many more. The conference will also offer a variety of social events and Exhibit Hall!
Conference attendees will have the opportunity to learn more about:
· the neurobiology of self-regulation.
· the impact of cognitive load on learning.
· activities that promote resiliency.
· multisensory strategies to enhance memory.
· the effect of theory of mind deficits on student progress.
· health issues associated with learning disabilities.
· techniques to improve reading fluency and comprehension.
· components of an effective writing program.
· the collaborative skills of case management.
· mediated learning and Socratic questioning.