Subject: Reading and Response to Intervention (RTI)
Presenter: Sally Grimes, Ed.M.
Friday, December 12, 2008
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Newton Marriott - Newton, MA
This workshop will provide an overview of RTI and its
implications for providing reading instruction that is
jointly planned and monitored by general and special
education staff taking “collective responsibility” for all students.
This workshop will also address:
- how this framework can be set up
- what curricula support it
- how a literacy team and an assessment team are crucial
- the need for ongoing professional development
- the need for screening and targeted progress monitoring for students and
- how this instruction links remedial and preventive efforts within a school or district.
-successful models and resources will be provided