Subject: Free neuropsychological testing in Maryland
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR CHILD’S INTELLIGENCE & READING ABILITIES!
We are currently looking for children and adolescents ages 8 to 17 with and without reading disabilities to participate in a research study. We are trying to learn more about the best ways to teach people to read.
WHAT WILL BE INVOLVED:
- Comprehensive evaluation of reading-related skills for about 6 hours at Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Possible Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scans of the brain
- If qualified, 15 hours of tutoring
- Parent questionnaires
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE FOR PARTICIPATING:
- No direct medical benefits and risks are minimal
- Tutoring (15 hours for those who qualify)
- Free IQ and school testing with summary
- Some children will receive a free MRI
- Check for $50 for each completed phase of the study