Postsecondary Education

College bound.LD Assistant program needs documents

Author Message
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
Posts: 1
Other Topics
Posted Jan 06, 2011 at 3:16:18 AM
Subject: College bound.LD Assistant program needs documents

I am a 34 yr old single mother of a 3 yr old boy ( who also has LD) and I am trying to get into college. The college has a disability program where students that has disabilies can get assistants. And I am one of the students that needs that kind of assistant, but the problem is that they need a documents that I have a learning disabilities.

It's been ages since since my basement got flooded and the documents got destroyed. Is there a way that I can get a copy of my old IEP records, since it has been like 16 yrs i graduated from highschool.

If any one can give me advice i would realyy aprecciate it.

Back to top Profile Email
Joined Jan 25, 2008
Posts: 269

Other Topics
Posted:Jan 09, 2011 12:16:35 AM

Contact the college to see how recent the documentation of a qualifying disability must be. Many times it must be from a recent evalution.

If they don't require a recent evaluation, contact you high school and see if you can obtain any educational files that they may have retained for you. While they may not have copies of your actual IEP, they may be able to verify that you indeed did qualify for an IEP and be able to demonstrate a history of having an IEP and a qualifying disability.
[Modified by: dhfl143 on January 09, 2011 12:19 AM]

Back to top Profile Email