I am a Graduate Education Student at Virginia State University exploring the topic of INCLUSION in Special Education. I am requesting responses to the following questions in order to compile data for my Research Project by 11/21/02. the survey is confidential. No name is needed. THANK YOU.
Here are the questions:
1. What is your specific position? (Ex: Parent, Teacher, Administrator, etc.).
2. Do you know what the word **Inclusion means, in relation to Special Education? (** You may review the online definition if needed, however please state whether or not you were initially aware of the definition).
3. Have you had experiences with Inclusion or the Inclusive Classroom? Please explain.
4. Do you believe that all students can benefit from the Inclusion model? Do you think that any type of disability can be included? Please explain.
5. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of Inclusion. Is it a positive or a negative model?
6. What are the *key elements for a successful Inclusive learning environment?
(*What do students and teachers need to be successful?).
7. Would you like to see Inclusion implemented in a different way? Please explain.
8. In your opinion, what do parents think about Inclusion?
9. In your opinion, what do students think about Inclusion?
10. What do you think is the future of Inclusion?
11. What is your Philosophy of Special Education? How should student with "different needs" be taught?
I appreciate your time and cooperation in completing this activity. Your thoughtful responses will improve future teaching models for all students.