Teaching Students with LD and ADHD

Ed. Therapist vs Ed Psychologist

Author Message
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Posts: 69136
Other Topics
Posted Mar 14, 2001 at 12:00:01 AM
Subject: Ed. Therapist vs Ed Psychologist

Has anyone employed the professional services of an educational therapist? If so, I would be grateful if you would share your experience. In particular I would be interested to know of the differences in evaluations given by an Educational Therapist and an Educational Psychologist and how these could/should be used in conjunction with OT evaluations, Vision Therapy evaluations and auditory testing.

Back to top Profile Email
Joined Apr 26, 2018
Posts: 69136

Other Topics
Posted:Mar 14, 2001 12:00:01 AM

What a good question! I'll be interested in reading the other answers, althoughit is very interesting to see that no one has responded yet?We are a multidisciplinary clinic which (for obvious reasons) I believe is the best place to go for a diagnostic evaluation. We have a clinical psychologist and neuropsychologist, as well as educators all with masters' degrees and very specialized training. They qualify as Educational Therapists, but we don't use that terminology. Everyone on our staff is a certified Learning Disabilities Specialist.When you come to our clinic first, we refer on for OT, vision or auditory if they are indicated. Unfortunately, starting with either of those three is the wrong place to begin because they only see a part of the picture.The major problem is that there are very few multidisciplinary clinics in the country, so people are forced to make the choice you are attempting to make.I look forward to hearing what your decisison is.Kay

Back to top Profile Email