Skip to main content

The Human Side of Dyslexia - 142 Interviews. Living with dys

Submitted by an LD OnLine user on

New Publication:

“THE HUMAN SIDE OF DYSLEXIA” ( ISBN# 0-9703557-2-6) is about people, about the challenges emotions and rewards, living with dyslexia, from childhood through the college-experience. The 142 interviews are packed with practical coping strategies from parents, siblings and college students who share their stories that will help you get through your journey with dyslexia. The book offers encouragement, and de-emphasizes the negativity that sometimes comes with a learning difference.

Book reviews include :
Kathleen Ross-Kidder, Ph.D. Director, LD OnLine WETA TV
Sir Richard Branson, Founder and CEO Virgin Atlantic Airways
Paul. J. Orfalea, Founder and Chairperson Emeritus Kinko’s Inc
Stanford University Magazine
Sheldon H. Horowitz, Ed.D.Director of Professional Services National Center for Learning Disabilities
Lindsay Peer, Education Director, British Dyslexia Association
Joyce S. Pickering, Executive Director, Shelton School, Dallas, TX. Executive Director, International Dyslexia Association
Professor Sally L. Smith, Founder/Director, The Lab School of Washington DC
John Osner, Director of Slingerland Teacher Training Charles Armstrong School, Belmont, CA
Patience Thomson, former Principal Fairley House School, London, England

Secure online purchase (introductory price $18.00 + $6.00 S&H), full reviews and sample interviews at http://www.edyslexia.com Purchase also available from www.amazon.com and by special order from any Barnes and Noble retail bookstore. The list price is $24.95

“The Human Side of Dyslexia” is a valuable resource for parents, educators and anyone who wants to understand living and coping with dyslexia.

search the author on ldonline.org

Published by: London Universal Publishing
Author: Shirley Kurnoff (search “kurnoff” on www.ldonline.org for more information )
ISBN# 0-9703557-2-6
http://www.edyslexia.com/ldonline.html ( for special introduction)

Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 04/17/2002 - 9:56 PM

I am in a grade 8 class doing research on social skills and I figured you could help me. it is april 17th could you respond tomarrow??