Skip to main content

Expert Q&A

Can a child with an IEP receive accommodations on standardized tests and the SAT as well as in the classroom?

According to Section 504 of the Americans with Disabilities Act, testing modifications are one of the accommodations schools can offer in the interest of providing a fair, appropriate public education (FAPE) for all students. You should check with your school and IEP team, however, to determine which accomodations are appropriate for your child. The following link discusses the parameters of IEP legislation:

In addition, you may find the following books useful:

Finally, you may wish to contact the following organizations that specialize in advocacy and legal rights of parents:

Back to Top