Skip to main content

Expert Q&A

I was told that my child would benefit from using certain types of equipment in the classroom, such as noise reducing headphones. Where can I find these products?

Specialists such as an occupational therapist, physical therapist, or special education teacher will have access to assistive devices and would most likely have good catalogs or other resources for you to look through. It is likely that the occupational therapy or physical therapy departments in your school district would allow your son to borrow such products to make sure they are helpful to him before you order them. If these accommodations are written in his IEP, then the school district should supply him with what he needs during the school day.

Back to Top