Skip to main content

I have a 21-year-old son who graduated from high school with an IEP diploma. I was able to enroll him in a private college; but, unfortunately, because he didn’t acquire 24 credits, financial aid refused to pay. He dreams and dreams about living a normal life, but now he’s depressed. I tried to enroll him in a college prep course, but he refused to complete the process and is now left without a paddle. I’m hurting for him but am also very frustrated with him because he won’t take my direction. What can I do?

You present a very complex problem. The brief responses that I can offer here would not be of help. If you have not done so yet, seek professional help from a mental health professional. If he refuses to go, you need to go yourself to decide what to do.

Back to Top