Skip to main content

Expert Q&A

Can a five year old be evaluated for ADHD?

It is good to consider early intervention. As a parent, it is within your rights to request a 504 evaluation for your child. This evaluation is free and will be conducted at your public school. Ask to meet with the principal to find out how to proceed. If your child is in preschool, contact your local school division for a phone number of an early intervention service.

These next articles may answer some other questions that you might have about 504 plans:

Back to Top