Skip to main content

My son is 9 years old. His teacher questioned whether he has an auditory processing disorder. The school is going to test him shortly but everyone tells me I should have it done privately instead. It is not covered under insurance.

If his school tests him, is there a specific or more thorough assessment that I as a parent could ask for? Thanks.

Speech and language therapists evaluate for a possible auditory processing difficulty. Most health insurance companies will pay for this assessment. But you should also discuss your concerns with the principal of his school, and request that the school’s speech and language therapist see your son.

Back to Top