Skip to main content

Expert Q&A

I need information on setting up a mediation hearing at my school.

A school or parent may request mediation at any time. Start by contacting your school’s administrator (usually the principal). Also, the school may request mediation if it is having difficulty resolving differences with parents, or the school may suggest mediation if a parent requests a due process hearing. However, mediation never precludes a parent’s right to a hearing.

Here are some articles regarding mediation:

You are your child’s best advocate. Be polite but assertive to get the help you need.

Back to Top