Skip to main content

Expert Q&A

What is the process for diagnosing and treating central auditory processing disorder?

Typically, an audiologist and a speech language pathologist work together to determine if someone has a central auditory processing disorder. A full audiological examination is usually needed in conjunction with a speech and language evaluation for a proper diagnosis to be made. For more information about auditory processing disorders, you might want to contact the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).

The following articles from our website have information about auditory processing disorders and information that might be useful to you and your child’s teachers:

Back to Top