Submit Your Story
LD OnLine invites submissions for our collection of essays about personal experiences with learning disabilities – at home, at school, at college, at work, anywhere. We also welcome stories presenting your personal perspectives on issues affecting the LD community.
Please read our guidelines for submissions
- Submissions should be no more than 1000 words and should not be testimonials or advertisements for products, therapies, schools, or organizations. We like to display a photo of the author, so please include one if available.
- Authors should tell how they have dealt with the challenges of learning disabilities, either as a parent, a teacher, or a person with a learning disability.
- Authors should understand that essays used on LD OnLine can be read and downloaded by LD OnLine users. A new essay will be featured on a regular basis and then archived for users to access.
- LD OnLine reserves the right to reject any submission and to edit submissions for length, style, and clarity. Submissions and photos will not be returned.
- If LD OnLine places this essay on the website, author agrees to give LD OnLine non-exclusive rights to allow the essay to be reprinted by other publications.
- Unfortunately, because of our limited budget, we are not able to pay "First Person" contributors.